Today we’re putting our friend, Kat, in the spotlight because she’s not only a member of our Ignite Yoga community, but she’s also a huge advocate for yoga and overall well-being. Kat is the owner of Frownies facial patches, a yoga instructor, a health advocate, and a naturopath. So there’s almost nothing health-wise that this woman hasn’t done!
1. Where can we find you on your mat?
Every morning my practice of yoga is my first priority. It may be outside on my deck, upstairs in my personal studio, or at Ignite Yoga for the 9 am studio class. I keep a mat at my office and take yoga meditation and stretch breaks there as well.
2. What is a challenge that has really helped you to grow?
Raising a family of 5 children and staying married for now 40 years has been the biggest growth motivator in my life.
3. Where do you feel most at home
I am most at home in nature near the water and on my mat, when I can have all three I am home.
4. What is one thing you’ve learned on your mat at Ignite?
Ignite yoga has taught me to look deep for the places you need to strengthen.
5. What’s been your greatest adventure?
My greatest adventure has been learning and releasing what I have learned (letting it go) to take on a new understanding. Life is my adventure as I press onto the next opportunity it presents.
6. Where else are you lighting it up these days?
I have offered encouragement and advice to many women as I helped nurture their dreams. I am a health advocate and coach who has lived an alternative lifestyle promoting health and personal responsibility for over 40 years.
7. What is something you aspire to do in life?
I coached my children, clients, swimmers, and yoga students and released them into the world to make a difference and I look forward to the same growth and relationship with my grandchildren.
8. Is there anything else about yourself you would like to share?
I started my lifestyle yoga 35 years ago, and that has brought me great joy.
9. What is one thing you know to be true?
One thing I know is nothing stays the same. You either move forward or you slide backwards.