Today we’re happy to share the full interview from one of our #shoutoutsaturday posts with one of our community members, Jenny. Jenny has a real love for yoga especially after it helped her recover from a near-death experience with pneumonia two years ago. She found yoga to be really helpful in her recovery process.
1. What is one thing about yoga that helped you recover?
I believe that the breathing and twisting in different poses help to stretch and break scar tissue built up in and around my lungs.
2. If you could’ve told yourself something two years ago about your recovery, what would you say?
When they told you that it would take 2 years for you to start to begin to feel normal again I should have believed the docs and not have been so frustrated with my progress.
3. Where can we find you on your mat?
These days I can be found on my mat on my patio, live streaming any number of classes through Ignite.
4. What is a challenge that has really helped you to grow?
Regarding yoga, a change that has helped me grow is putting myself out there to experience and embrace heated classes. I never thought I could make it through one, but now have grown to really like it! Personally, changing my career path last year was and continues to be a challenge. After 16 years, to change my trajectory has been a test, but one that yoga continues to help me with.
5. Where do you feel most at home?
I feel most at home on my patio and by any sort of body of water.
6. What is one thing you’ve learned on your mat at Ignite?
I have learned to give myself a break. To surrender and give in to where the universe wants to take me. To truly let go and trust the process.
7. What’s been your greatest adventure?
Seeing the Grand Canyon last year was so humbling and life changing.
8. Where else are you lighting it up these days?
9. What is something you aspire to do in life?
Be a professional singer
10. Is there anything else about yourself you would like to share?
I have a BM (Bachelors of Music) with an emphasis in vocal performance (opera singer) 🙂 LOL
11. What is one thing you know to be true?
For some of us the struggle to truly love ourselves is lifelong. I do believe that everything begins with us on the inside, and that if we continue to work towards loving ourselves and being our own best friend that we will keep growing and giving to others.