A few months ago, we were lucky to (virtually) sit down with Elise and chat about her experience with Ignite and yoga in general. As a certified yoga teacher herself, Elise opened up about what she loves about yoga. Keep reading to learn more about this awesome community member.
1. Where can we find you on your mat?
You can find me on my mat at home or in the studio. When I am at home I like to play an R&B playlist and just let my body flow with the music.
2. What is a challenge that has really helped you to grow?
During the COVID pandemic, I have been learning how to not fester on things that I cannot control. While teleworking I focused on meditating and discovered new passions and hobbies to stay productive while staying at home.
3. Where do you feel most at home?
Nothing really beats home. I enjoy watching golden girls, wrapped in one of my blankets and drinking hot tea.
4. What is one thing you’ve learned on your mat at Ignite?
At Ignite I have learned how to go beyond my comfort zone when I am on my mat. I get excited when I can land a pose because the instructors were very motivating and encouraging.
5. What’s been your greatest adventure?
One of my favorite trips was going to AfroPunk music festival with a couple of my girlfriends. It was so much fun experience vibing to fun music, eating great food, and meeting new people. It was fun being in a space that was fun and safe, I really felt like I could be myself.
6. Where else are you lighting it up these days?
I love to paint and draw. It’s a new hobby that I have picked up while being at home during the stay at home order.
7. What is something you aspire to do in life?
Eventually, I would like to start my own youtube channel practicing yoga and providing other mindfulness techniques.
8. Is there anything else about yourself you would like to share?
Yes, my yoga teaching background is power and restorative yoga.
9. What is one thing you know to be true?
What is done in the dark always comes to light.